The Lion AlcoBlow PF offers a non-invasive, easy low-cost way to conduct rapid screening.
- Simple to use: AlcoBlow has just two control buttons. This means it’s very simple to use, so training requirements are minimal.
- Fast, accurate analysis: using the Lion fuel cell sensor. This ensures high specificity to alcohol, and a long, stable working life.
- Easy to read display: the subject’s alcohol level is shown on a single LED.
- No mouthpieces: unlike conventional breath alcohol instruments, AlcoBlow makes no physical contact with the subject. This means there are no disposable mouthpieces, so the cost per test is very low.
- Dual-mode operation: AlcoBlow has two possible modes of operation. Depending on the situation of the breath test.
- Active: the subject blows into the cone: a sample of breath is then taken automatically for analysis.
- Passive: the operator presses a button to draw breath from in front of the subject’s face, but otherwise without his or her co-operation.
Specifications and Features:
- Fuel Cell Sensor: high specificity to alcohol, unaffected by other possible breath contaminants.
- Warm-up Time: there is no heater, so no warm up time.
- Reading Response Time: less than about 5 seconds from sampling.
- Reading Display Hold Time: approximately 5 seconds, depending on the actual reading.
- Recovery Times: typically 2 seconds at zero alcohol; 30 seconds at 0.20% BAC.
- Temperature Range: from - 5ºC to +40ºC, for optimum operation.
- Power Supply / Consumption: 4 new AA cells give at least 5,000 breath tests.
- Dimensions: 256mm long X 48mm diameter.
- Weight: approximately 300g (including batteries).
- Beeper Function: advises of a change in display status.
- Accessory Item: A protective carrying pouch is supplied with each AlcoBlow as standard.